Walcott, chancellor of the New York City Department of Education, emphasized the value of changes in the school district's governance structure that foster collaboration with CUNY and investments by the Office of the Mayor's Center for Economic Opportunity in CUNY's Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP).
What does CEO stand for?
CEO stands for Center for Economic Opportunity (various organizations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CEO
We have 390 other meanings of CEO in our Acronym Attic
- Council of European National Youth Committees
- Council of European Youth Committees
- Council on the Environment of New York City
- Campus Economic Organization
- Campus Equipment Outfitters
- Canine Enforcement Officer
- Casualty Evacuation Officer
- Catholic Education Office (Australia)
- Celestial Ephemeris Origin (astronomy)
- Center for Earth Observation
- Center for Effective Organizations
- Center for Electro-Optics
- Center for Equal Opportunity
- Central Engine Overhaul
- Central Europe Online
- Centre d'Études Olympiques (French: Olympic Studies Center; Switzerland)
- Centre for Earth Observation
- Centre for Ethical Orientation
- Centrum Edukacji Obywatelskiej (Polish: Center for Civic Education)
- Chairman and Executive Officer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The programs are funded by the city and Mayor Michael Bloomberg's Center for Economic Opportunity.
If we generously estimate that the Center for Economic Opportunity is engaging 50,000 New Yorkers, this would equal less than 3% of people actually living in poverty in the City.
We just established a Center for Economic Opportunity and funded it with $150 million to pioneer new, effective strategies for breaking the cycle of poverty.
The Mayor's Fund and NYC Center for Economic Opportunity (CEO) are one of eleven grantees nationwide.
The Center for Economic Opportunity was created to coordinate the process of turning the commission's recommendations into policy and practice, and oversees 40 anti-poverty initiatives, many of which have been developed and launched by the center.
He'll be talking to a convention of the NAACP, where, according to the official announcement from City Hall, he will "unveil a new alternative to the Federal poverty measure that was developed over the last year by the City's Center for Economic Opportunity.
The NYC Center for Economic Opportunity, a poverty research center established by Mayor Bloomberg in 2006, found that access to affordable housing is a critical determinant of whether working families vulnerable to poverty can make it over the poverty line.