During the previous year, the Oklahoma City bombing had provided the Clinton administration with a convincing pretext to push for more federal police powers to deal with the supposed burgeoning threat from violent "anti-government" forces, and so-called anti-hate groups such as the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Center for Democratic Renewal, and the Anti-Defamation League pointed to the Aryan Nations, the Aryan Republic Army, the National Alliance, and the Ku Klux Klan as proof of the growing menace.
What does CDR stand for?
CDR stands for Center for Democratic Renewal (Atlanta, GA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CDR
We have 350 other meanings of CDR in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Dachshund Rescue (Canada)
- Cancer Detection Rate
- Carbon Dioxide Recovery (industrial plants)
- Cargo Delivery Receipt
- Cargo Drop Reel
- Cash Data Retrieval
- Casual Dining Restaurant (sector)
- Catalogue des Documents de Référence (French: Reference Documents Catalogue; Belgium)
- Center for Cooperative Resolution (US NIH)
- Center for Dairy Research
- Center for Design Research (Stanford)
- Central Data Recorder
- Central Data Repository
- Centrale Discotheek Rotterdam (Dutch: Rotterdam Central Music; Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Centre de Recherche (French: Research Center)
- Centre de Ressources (French: Resource Center; various organizations)
- Centre Dramatique Régional (French: Regional Drama Center)
- Centre for Development and Research (India)
- Centre for Development Research (Copenhagen)
- Cerebellar Degeneration-Related Autoantigen
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Center for Democratic Renewal noted that as the Klan's overtly racist message has changed, its membership has declined.
In response, a coalition led by the Center for Democratic Renewal in Atlanta organized against scapegoating, offered assistance to groups voicing legitimate economic grievances, and assisted people in reintegrating into the economy.
The Center for Democratic Renewal, which is tracking church fires and investigations of them, reported six arson fires each in Alabama and Mississippi since 1993.