This is a novel way of controlling friction," maintains Uzi Landman, director of the Center for Computational Materials Science, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta.
What does CMS stand for?
CMS stands for Center for Computational Materials Science
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMS
We have 1152 other meanings of CMS in our Acronym Attic
- Carpenter Middle School (Plano, Texas)
- Carrier Monitoring System (telecommunications)
- Carver Middle School
- Cascade Mycological Society
- Case Management System
- Cash Management Services (banking)
- Cash Management Solutions
- Cash Management System
- Catalyst Monitor Sensor
- CDAF Matrix Switch
- Center for Manufacturing Systems
- Center for Maritime Systems (Stevens Institute of Technology; New Jersey)
- Center for Materials Science (LANL)
- Center for Mathematical Studies (Northwestern University; Evanston, IL)
- Center for Media and Security, Ltd. (Millwood, NY)
- Center for Medieval Studies
- Center for Metalloenzyme Studies
- Center for Migration Studies
- Center for Millennial Studies (Boston University; Boston, MA)
- Center for Molecular Science (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Director of the Center for Computational Materials Science at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Landman explores the interactions that define tribology - the science of friction, wear and lubrication - on an atomic scale.