Note: as of June 2002, eighteen center wavelengths, from 1270 nm to 1610 nm, were listed (Fiberdyne, 2003; Rahman, 2005).
What does CWL stand for?
CWL stands for Center Wavelength
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CWL
We have 48 other meanings of CWL in our Acronym Attic
- Centralny Wojskowy Klub Sportowy
- Cywilno Wojskowy Klub Sportowy
- Call of Duty World League (gaming)
- Campus Wide Login
- Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom - Cardiff-Wales (Airport Code)
- Catherinefield Windows Limited (UK)
- Catholic Women's League
- Center for Wildlife Law (University of New Mexico)
- Center for Working Life
- Center for Writing and Learning
- Centralne Warsztaty Lotnicze (Polish: Central Aviation Workshop)
- Chaotic War Lords (gaming)
- Chemical Warfare Labs
- Christmas Wish List
- Church without Limits
- City Water Light (utility; Springfield, IL)
- Clan War Leagues (gaming)
- Clean Water Legacy (Minnesota)
- Cold Water Line (engineering)
- Common Weapon Launcher (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The center wavelength of the reflected light changes as the FBG is subjected to strain and temperature changes, making FBGs attractive as small, lightweight, networkable sensors.
Strain and temperature changes, however, can cause the center wavelength of these reflectors to change; the temperature sensitivity is about 0.
NIST has characterized the pressure-induced shifts of these absorption lines and certifies the center wavelengths of 41 lines with uncertainties ranging from 0.