Originally, glass plates were used as a substrate, but during WWI were replaced first with cellulose nitrate and later with a cellulose triacetate base.
What does CTA stand for?
CTA stands for Cellulose Triacetate (membrane used for reverse osmosis)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CTA
We have 616 other meanings of CTA in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Theatre Agreement
- Canadian Transportation Agency
- Canadian Trotting Association
- Cancer-Testis Antigen (immunotherapy)
- Capital Theory Approach
- Capitalization of Tangible Assets
- Care Taiwan Association
- Catamount Trail Association (Burlington, VT)
- Catania, Sicily, Italy - Fontanarossa (Airport Code)
- CDS (Combat Direction System) Track Association
- Center for Technology Assessment
- Center for Total Access (Fort Gordon, GA)
- Center for Transportation Analysis
- Center Frequency Tone
- Center Test Authority
- Central de los Trabajadores Argentinos (Confederation of Argentine Workers)
- Central Terminal Area (LaGuardia Airport)
- Central Tibetan Administration
- Central TMDE Activity
- Central Trading Agency (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Up to this extent, polymers such as cellulose, cellulose triacetate, chitosan or calix  arenes have been employed in the fabrication of polymeric materials with sorptive capacity for he dichromate anion.
79, and therefore the material is characterized as cellulose triacetate.