Although it is likely that the presence of Eimeria oocysts and endemic viruses varies qualitatively and quantitatively between flocks and, by extension, varies between different used litter types, we believe that these data provide evidence that exposure of growing chicks to used poultry litter stimulates humoral and cell-mediated immune responses, presumably due to contact with contaminating enteric pathogens.
What does CMIR stand for?
CMIR stands for Cell-Mediated Immune Response (immunology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CMIR
We have 17 other meanings of CMIR in our Acronym Attic
- Corrective Measure Implementation Plan (quality control)
- Coupled Model Intercomparison Project
- Current Month Invoicing Process (Sprint)
- Common Management Information Protocol/Common Management Information Services
- Central Massachusetts Independent Physician Association, LLC
- China Machinery Industrial Products Co., Ltd.
- Common Management Information Protocol Data Unit
- Common Management Information Protocol Machine
- Case Management, Information and Payrolling System
- Carter Maximum Incremental Reactivity
- Cellular, Molecular and Integrative Reproduction (National Institutes of Health)
- Center for Molecular Imaging Research
- Certified Manager of Investment Recovery
- Common Management Information Repository
- Common Mode Input Range
- Cost and Market Impact Reviews (various locations)
- Currency and Monetary Instrument Report
- Customer Material Info Record (SAP)
- Central Military-Industrial Radio Laboratory (Gorky; now Nizhny Novgorod)
- Centro Meteo-Idrologico della Regione Liguria (Italian: Meteo-Hydrological Center of Liguria Region)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Increased production of IFN-[gamma] and lL-4 indicates a positive cell-mediated immune response leading to higher concentration of anti-TT lgG antibody.
The company specializes in antigen identification, engineering and cell processing in an effort to produce active cellular immunotherapy product candidates designed to stimulate a cell-mediated immune response.
Useful as a study guide as well as a text, this version has completely updated information on innate immunity, antigen capture and presentation in lymphocytes, antigen recognition in the adaptive immune system, cell-mediated immune response, effector mechanisms of cell-mediates immunity, humoral immune responses, effector mechanisms of humoral immunity, immunologic tolerance and autoimmunity, immune responses against tumors and transplants, hypersensitivity diseases and congenital and acquired immunodeficiencies.
Chronic beryllium disease is an occupational lung disease that begins as a cell-mediated immune response to beryllium.
Current activities towards developing more effective treatment strategies for HIV/AIDS-related malignancies include: 1) targeting molecules in the angiogenesis and apoptotic pathways; 2) fortifying the immune system using immunomodulatory molecules, vaccines designed to increase the cell-mediated immune responses to viral antigens, and monoclonal antibodies to eliminate cancer cells; 3) targeting EBV or KSHV to disrupt the viral life cycle; 4) investigating low morbidity anal lesion ablation techniques, and 5) combining standard chemotherapy regimens with biologic therapies.
Immunologists believe that people who survived the plague must have had a vigorous, cell-mediated immune response.