WASHINGTON * John Carr--arguably the most important spokesman for Catholic social teaching in the U.
What does CST stand for?
CST stands for Catholic Social Teaching
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CST
We have 570 other meanings of CST in our Acronym Attic
- Call Setup Time
- Campaign to Save Tara (Ireland)
- Campus Scientifique et Technique (France)
- Canada Social Transfer
- Canadian Sailing Team (Olympics)
- Canadian Scholarship Trust Plan
- Canadian Society for Transplantation
- Canadian Society of Telehealtlh
- Care Standards Tribunal (UK)
- Casualty Support Team (Canada)
- Cell Saver Technician
- Center for Science and Technology
- Center for Small Towns (Minnesota)
- Central Sales Tax
- Central Sandinista de Trabajadores (Spanish: Sandinista Workers Central, Nicaragua)
- Central Services Team
- Central Standard Time (GMT-0600)
- Centre de la Sécurité des Télécommunications (Canadian Communications Security Establishment)
- Centre for Sustainable Transportation (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The principles of Catholic social teaching are clear, but their precise application to most economic issues is usually prudential and often provisional.
In my judgment, Catholic social teaching deems this situation unjust and unacceptable.
95 Paperback Studies in religion and the social order BX891 If Catholic social teaching embraces uncontrolled capitalism it endorses a system that leads to slavery, and if it turns to socialism, it could easily find itself supporting a system with the same slaves laboring under another name.
Additionally, students needing an introduction to the history of Catholic social teaching can consult this book as a succinct introduction to the topic.
I am also the author of The Church and the Market: A Catholic Defense of the Free Economy, whose hard Misesian/Rothbardian line makes it the most libertarian book on Catholic social teaching ever written.
Catholic Social Teaching 1891-Present: A Historical, Theological, and Ethical Analysis.
Curran, Catholic Social Teaching 1891-Present: A Historical, Theological, and Ethical Analysis, Washington DC, Georgetown UP, 2002, 261pp.