Technically speaking, a "boob tube" is a funnel-shaped device known as a cathode ray tube, which can be found inside an old TV.
What does CRT stand for?
CRT stands for Cathode Ray Tube
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CRT
We have 325 other meanings of CRT in our Acronym Attic
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (defibrillator technology used to correct life-threatening cardiac arrhythmia)
- Cargo Restraint Transporter
- Carlstedt Research & Technology
- Carlstedt Research and Technology
- Cartes Routière Technologiques (Canada)
- Cash Register Terminal (customer management)
- Casing Running Tool (oil extraction)
- Casual Relief Teacher (Australia)
- Catheter-Related Thrombosis (cancer)
- Cathode Ray Tan
- Caux Round Table
- Cedar River Trail
- Cell Replacement Therapy
- Cell Residence Time
- Center for Realtor Technology
- Center for Recreation and Tourism
- Center for Rehabilitation Technology (Helen Hayes Hospital)
- Center for Rural Technology
- Centrale de Règlement des Titres
- Centre de Recherche Sur Les Transports (University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
LG Philips is a Hong Kong-based maker of cathode ray tubes (CRTs) used in televisions and monitors.
With 35,000sqft of processing space, the factory will have the capacity to recycle 500,000 cathode ray tubes a year - around five per cent of the total UK annual volume of redundant tubes.
Its cathode ray tube crushers can process more than 1,500 units per hour, according to the company.
Company bosses said the plant, which assembles traditional style televisions using cathode ray tube technology, had been hit by the growth in demand for hi-tech flat screen TVs.