forces responded to fictional geo-political and military scenarios, Saxon Warrior gave the "Bear Aces" of Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron 124 (VAW-124) the chance to carry out sustained and coordinated military operations with NATO partners.
What does VAW stand for?
VAW stands for Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron (US Navy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VAW
We have 22 other meanings of VAW in our Acronym Attic
- Vilniaus Antano Vienuolio Gimnazija (Lithuanian gymnasium)
- [not an acronym] (sports and social club; San Diego, CA)
- Voortgezet Algemeen Volwassenenonderwijs (Dutch, adult education)
- Voluntary Accelerated Vehicle Retirement (California)
- Virginia Association of Volunteer Rescue Squads, Inc.
- Value Added Voice Services (phone service feature)
- Veterans Administration Volunteer Services
- Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service
- Veterans Against the Vietnam War
- Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used in 1948 and from 1956 to date)
- Vardø, Norway - Svartnes (Airport Code)
- Violence Against Women
- Violence at Work
- Voice of Afghan Women
- Von Amts Wegen (German: Officially)
- Vancouver Amateur Winemakers Association (Canada)
- Violence Against Women Act of 1994 (US)
- Violence Against Women Alliance (UK)
- Vacuum Assisted Wound Closure (surgery)
- Violence against Women and Children (Rutgers School of Social Work; New Jersey)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sailors permanently stationed at the FOL, and deployed Sailors from Patrol Squadrons 4 and 40, Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron 77 and Consolidated Maintenance Organization 2, built the new homes for three families in the town of San Luis Talpa.
Airborne early warning responsibilities were handled by E-2C Hawkeye 2000s from the Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron 116 Sun Kings.
Chris Hulitt of Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron 115 recently completed the Top Gun program, now located at NAS Fallon, Nev.
EYE IN THE SKY An aircrewman aboard a Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron (VAW) 125 E-2C Hawkeye, embarked on USS George Washington (CVN 73), tracks all air and surface contacts off the East Coast of the United States to provide additional air defense to New York City following the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
On 12 March, an E-2C Hawkeye of Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron 120 suffered Class A damage when its landing gear and wings collapsed and it caught fire after departing the runway upon landing at MCAS Cherry Point, N.
; Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron (VAW) 77, NAS Atlanta, Ga.
Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron (VAW) 120, Norfolk, Va.