In response, the Prime Minister declined to consider changes to the current criminal law, but pledged to ensure the Care Quality Commission was "up to the task" of scrutinising care home practices.
What does CQC stand for?
CQC stands for Care Quality Commission (health care regulator; England, UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CQC
We have 45 other meanings of CQC in our Acronym Attic
- Central Question Bank (aviation exam)
- Close Quarter Battle (Mike Curtis novel)
- Close Quarters Battle
- Comité de Quartier de Borderouge (French: Borderouge District Committee; Borderouge, France)
- Crazy Quilt Bouquet (band; UK)
- Club Quad Basses Laurentides (French all-terrain vehicle club)
- Close Quarter Battle Range
- Close-Quarters Battle Weapon (military combat)
- Caia Quem Caia (Portuguese TV show)
- Caiga Quien Caiga (Argentinean TV show)
- Certificat de Qualification Complementaire
- Certification and Qualification Committee
- Certified Quality Consultant
- China Quality Certification Center (Beijing, China)
- Close Quarters Combat (gaming league)
- Close Quarters Combat (hand to hand)
- Collectif Québécois de Conscientisation (French: Quebec Awareness Collective; Quebec, Canada)
- Colorado QRP Club (Colorado)
- Commission on Quality Care
- Complete Quadratic Combination
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Care Quality Commission report on standards of patient care provided at Smithdown Children''s NHS Walk-in Centre found it fully met quality care standards in every single area.
Summary: The chief of the Care Quality Commission has hit back at claims the body failed to ensure public confidence.
The Care Quality Commission, looked at 163 trusts with over 72,000 patients.
The figures, from the Care Quality Commission, were published in a survey of more than 72,000 NHS patients from 163 NHS trusts in England who attended outpatient departments during April or May 2011.
BIRMINGHAM Children's Hospital has received a glowing report from the Care Quality Commission.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) said: "Following the inspection there were some safeguarding allegations made against staff and Social Services are still investigating.