patients treated with early beta-blockers and 63% of early beta-blocker recipients with non-STEMI had one or more cardiogenic shock risk factors identified in the guidelines on the basis of findings in the earlier COMMIT (Clopidogrel and Metoprolol in Myocardial Infarction Trial) study (Lancet 2005;366:1,622-32).
What does CS stand for?
CS stands for Cardiogenic Shock (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CS
We have 301 other meanings of CS in our Acronym Attic
- Campana & Schott (various locations)
- Campus Safety (various locations)
- Campus Solutions (software)
- Candidate Specification (GS1)
- Capability Set
- Capita Symonds Ltd (UK)
- Capital Strategies (various locations)
- Captain Skyhawk (video game)
- Carbon Steel
- Card Services (PCMCIA cards)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association revised their guidelines in 1999, elevating early mechanical intervention for cardiogenic shock to a class I recommendation for patients younger than 75 with an ST-elevation left bundle-branch block acute MI.