Cardiac output (CO) is often used as a surrogate parameter for haemodynamic assessment, assessment of cardiac function and guiding treatment.
What does CO stand for?
CO stands for Cardiac Output
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CO
We have 60 other meanings of CO in our Acronym Attic
- Commission for New Zealand Government Oversight
- Companions of the New Zealand Order of Merit (New Zealand Honour)
- Centre for New Zealand Studies (Birkbeck, University of London)
- Air Post Official (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Cabinet Office
- Campus Outreach (Christian ministry)
- Captain Obvious
- Captive Office (Nortel)
- Carbon Monoxide
Samples in periodicals archive:
TORONTO--Pregnant women with congenital heart defects are not able to ramp up their cardiac output to handle the stresses of pregnancy, according to a small study out of the Netherlands.
However, cardiac output may not be appreciably affected.
In a study presented July 24 at an American Heart Association meeting in Chicago, Pendergast and his colleagues found that cardiac output -- the volume of blood pumped by the heart -- increased 50 percent and remained elevated throughout the shuttle flight, even though heart rate decreased and mean blood pressure remained constant.