And the patients treated with carboplatin were also far less likely to develop cancer in their other testicle.
What does CPL stand for?
CPL stands for Carboplatin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CPL
We have 807 other meanings of CPL in our Acronym Attic
- Call Processing Language
- Cambridge Programming Language
- Campbellsport Public Library (Wisconsin)
- Canadian Pacific Ltd. (various locations)
- Canadian Premier League (soccer)
- Canadian Protestant League
- Canine Partners for Life
- Capability Password Level
- Capillary Pumped Loop
- Carbon Power & Light
- Carnegie Premier League (various locations)
- Carnegie Public Library (Ohio)
- Carolina Power & Light
- Carrefour des Pays Lorrains (French local development group)
- Carrollton Public Library (Carrolton, MO)
- Cats Protection League
- Celje Pivovarna Lasko (Slovenian handball club)
- Cell Processing Laboratory (various organizations)
- Center for Plain Language
- Center for Process Learning
Samples in periodicals archive:
A study showing that a single dose of carboplatin chemotherapy is as effective and less toxic than radiation therapy in preventing recurrence after surgery for early-stage testicular cancer was presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting in Chicago, IL.
In men with surgically resected stage I seminoma, a single dose of carboplatin chemotherapy is as effective as 2 to 3 weeks of radiation therapy in preventing recurrence and is much less toxic, according to study findings presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting in Chicago.
The FDA has approved the use of Avastin (bevacizumab) in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel for the initial systemic treatment of patients with unresectable, locally advanced, recurrent or metastatic, non-squamous, non-small cell lung cancer.
In an ongoing clinical trial, 786 women with ovarian cancer were randomized to receive paclitaxel plus carboplatin (399 patients) or paclitaxel plus cisplatin (387 patients).