The new ophthalmic suspension is a fixed-dose combination of a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor (Brinzolamide 1.
What does CAH stand for?
CAH stands for Carbonic Anhydrase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAH
We have 140 other meanings of CAH in our Acronym Attic
- Connecticut Against Gun Violence
- Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming (climate change)
- Citizens Against Government Waste
- Cultural Alliance of Greater Washington (Washington, DC)
- California Age Group Wrestling Association
- Cambridge Ancient History
- Campaign against Homophobia (various locations)
- Campaign for Affordable Housing (Los Angeles, CA)
- Canadian Association for Health
- Capture and Hold
- Cards against Humanity (game)
- Center for Arts and History (Lewis-Clark State College; Lewiston, ID)
- Center for the Advancement of Health
- Centre Aquitain de l'Habitat (French: Aquitaine Housing Center; home rehabilitation company; Canéjan, Aquitaine, France)
- Centre d'Animation Historique (French: Animation History Center; Port-Louis, France)
- Centre on Aging and Health
- Certificat d'Aptitude à l'Hyperbarie (French: Hyperbaric Fitness Certificate)
- Charge Against Hunger
- Chicago Academy High (Chicago, IL)
- Child and Adolescent Health and Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
The carbonic anhydrase enzymes in red blood cells help the body expel carbon dioxide, with the demand rising substantially during exercise.
She took acetazolamide, a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, as prophylaxis against acute mountain sickness.
They cover carbonic anhydrase inhibitors and activators, matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors, bacterial zinc protease inhibitors, and other enzymes containing zinc.
Acetazolamide is an inhibitor of carbonic anhydrase and thus promotes an alkaline diuresis (2).
By adding normal carbonic anhydrase genes designed to work only in guard cells, they were able to restore the CO2-triggered pore-tightening response in mutant plants.
16 Science that tasting fizz begins with the enzyme carbonic anhydrase 4.