Driven by external financial imperatives rather than local ecological or developmental needs, their principal effect, as Carbon Trade Watch documents, is to disrupt and distort Southern societies, to support GHG polluters in the North, and to create windfall profits for speculative carbon traders (see Lohmann 2006).
What does CTW stand for?
CTW stands for Carbon Trade Watch
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CTW
We have 74 other meanings of CTW in our Acronym Attic
- Choke Thermal Vacuum Switch
- Cockpit Television Sensor
- Cape Town Visitor Services Association (South Africa)
- Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital (Austin, TX)
- Canine Transmissible Venereal Tumor
- Chaparral Television Trainer
- Community TV Trust (UK charity)
- Construction Technology and Vocational Training Institute (Bangalore)
- Cadet Training Weekend (Civil Air Patrol)
- Capture the Wool (gaming)
- Career Transition Workshop (various locations)
- Carry That Weight (Beatles song)
- Celcius Training Weapon (airsoft guns; Hong Kong)
- Certified Technical Writer
- Certified Tree Worker (International Society of Arboriculture)
- Changing the World
- Cheat to Win
- Chelmsford Theatre Workshop (Chelmsford, UK)
- Children's Television Workshop
- Clan of Tactical Warriors (gaming clan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tamra Gilbertson of Carbon Trade Watch explains: "CDM support can end up rewarding companies for their failure to abide by the law.
7, Transnational Institute's Carbon Trade Watch Project, accessed 25 September 2010--<http://www.
According to Heidi Bachram and her colleagues from Carbon Trade Watch, "This can only lead to a severe conflict of interests, resulting in fraud and ultimately little guarantee of actual emissions reductions.