Spirometry results, lung volumes, and measures of carbon monoxide diffusing capacity had been normal in 13 of the soldiers, while another 19 had shown only isolated low carbon monoxide diffusing capacity.
What does DLCO stand for?
DLCO stands for Carbon Monoxide Diffusing Capacity (lung function)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DLCO
We have 4 other meanings of DLCO in our Acronym Attic
- Daniel Laurent Christian Ministries
- Data Lifecycle Management (database partitioning)
- Deeper Life Church Ministries (North Carolina)
- Deputy for Life Cycle Management (US Army TACOM)
- Destiny Life Christian Ministries
- Digital Level Control Module
- Dynamic Line-Code Management
- Data Link Connection Management Interface
- Distance Learning Coordinating Network
- Distributed Loop Computer Network
- Diffusing Capacity of the Lung for Carbon Monoxide
- Duquesne Light Company
- Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- Data Link Change Proposal
- Demountable Load Carrying Platform
- Departamento de Língua e Cultura Portuguesa (Portuguese: Department of Portuguese Language and Culture)
- Digital Loudspeaker Correction Platform (digital audio)
- Disneyland College Program
- Distributed Least Congested Path
- Diversity Leadership Certificate Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Information about total lung capacity is also available in the second most commonly used pulmonary function test, the carbon monoxide diffusing capacity (DLCO).
Pulmonary function testing revealed reduced lung volumes, including forced ventilatory capacity (46% of predicted), forced expiratory volume in 1 sec (54% of predicted), total lung capacity (53% of predicted), functional residual capacity (43% of predicted), and carbon monoxide diffusing capacity (36% of predicted).