British Gas has recently published research that shows that Cardiff's householders don't know about the dangers of carbon monoxide, placing them at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
What does CO stand for?
CO stands for Carbon Monoxide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CO
We have 60 other meanings of CO in our Acronym Attic
- Centre for New Zealand Education
- Commission for New Zealand Government Oversight
- Companions of the New Zealand Order of Merit (New Zealand Honour)
- Centre for New Zealand Studies (Birkbeck, University of London)
- Air Post Official (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Cabinet Office
- Campus Outreach (Christian ministry)
- Captain Obvious
- Captive Office (Nortel)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stacey, of Deighton, has campaigned tirelessly for greater awareness over carbon monoxide since her young son Dominic died aged just 10.
CARBON monoxide poisoning is a risk to more than 162,000 people in Cardiff who mistakenly believe their smoke alarm will detect the gas, according to a campaigners.
Given recent survey data showing that physicians ask their patients about carbon monoxide less frequently than any other common environmental health hazard (Kilpatrick et al.
Each year, approximately thirty people die and 450 are injured as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning from using portable camping heaters, lanterns, or stoves inside tents, campers, and vehicles.