Professor Julia Lee-Thorp from Oxford University with researchers from Chad, France and the US analyzed the carbon isotope ratios in the teeth and found the signature of a diet rich in foods derived from C4 plants.
What does CIR stand for?
CIR stands for Carbon Isotope Ratio
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CIR
We have 264 other meanings of CIR in our Acronym Attic
- Customs, Immigration, Quarantine and Security (East ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Growth Area)
- Centre d'Information sur la Qualité des Aliments (French: Information Center on Food Quality)
- Calgary Independent Realty Ltd. (Calgary, Aberta, Canada)
- California Initiative Review
- Call Initiate Request
- Call Inquiry Response
- Cambridge Investment Research (various locations)
- Candidate Interoperability Plan
- Capital Improvement Report
- Capital Investment Request
- Cargo Integration Review
- Carrier-to-Interference Ratio
- Cellule Inter-Agence de Réinsertion (French)
- Center for Immigration Research
- Center for Impact Research
- Center for Individual Rights
- Center for Insurance Research
- Center for Interdisciplinary Research (various locations)
- Center for International Rehabilitation
- Center for Investigative Reporting
Samples in periodicals archive:
A* The characteristics of every sample, including the T/E ratio, are analyzed at the WADA-certified laboratory in Montreal and the laboratory determines which samples are subjected to Carbon Isotope Ratio (CIR) testing.
All in all, carbon isotope ratios suggest the environment back then was mostly grassy savanna.
Experimental evidence for the relationship of the carbon isotope ratios of whole diet and dietary protein to those of bone collagen and carbonate, in J.
Sample data from each instrument, including models that measure the carbon isotope ratio (delta-13C), water vapor isotopes ratios (delta-16O, delta-D), various greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and methane, and other gas concentrations are also included.
Carbon isotope ratios, mineral concentrations, and rock deformations were similar to those seen in Yucatan and other impact crater sites.
Carbon isotope ratios,mineral concentrations,and rock deformations were similar to those seen in Yucatan.
12]) Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS) Coupled With Stable Carbon Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (IRMS) ([C.