And as for the more of what has yet to be done in any notable volumes, the word here is that carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) components are going to present a whole lot of challenges to those who are responsible for machining the strong, light material.
What does CFRP stand for?
CFRP stands for Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CFRP
We have 22 other meanings of CFRP in our Acronym Attic
- Certified Flight Registered Nurses
- Christian Financial Radio Network
- Coalition for Rainforest Nations (New York, NY)
- Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Compagnie Franco-Roumaine de Navigation Aérienne (French: Free-Romanian Company of Aerial Navigation)
- Campaign Finance Reform Ordinance (San Francisco, CA)
- Center for Fire Research and Outreach (University of California, Berkeley)
- Cash Flow Return on Assets
- Cash Flow Return on Investment
- Clark Fork River Operable Unit (Montana)
- carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer
- Central Florida Research Park
- Chehalis Fisheries Restoration Program (Washington State)
- Conceptual Framework for Reuse Processes
- Consolidated Fuel Reprocessing Program
- Continuous Fiber Reinforced Polymeric
- Cuban Family Reunification Program
- Central Florida Regional Planning Council
- Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club
- Central Florida Regional Planning Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
Toyota said it will make good use of the technological skills acquired through the manufacturing of the two-seater vehicle, such as those related to the production of carbon fiber reinforced plastic lightweight body parts, when making other Lexus brand models.
Other topics of the 90 papers include an electrodynamic human motion energy converter, recycling of carbon fiber reinforced plastics, multi-camera optical glyph tracking, and photoluminescence in silicon and zinc oxide nanowires.
It is rumored that iPad 3 will be much more thinner than iPad 2, will have higher storage capacity, Thunderbolt I/O, a higher mega-pixel rear-facing camera and that it could possibly use fiber-in-matrix type material like carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) in the upcoming iPad 3, instead of aluminum.
The model features BMW's advanced Carbon Racing Technology, Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic, Titanium exhaust, 19-inch y-spoke alloy wheels and redesigned sound proofing system.
Sydney, Australia, Jan 25, 2011 - (ABN Newswire) - Toray Industries (TYO:3402) (PINK:TRYIY), the world's largest manufacturer of carbon fibers signed an agreement with German carmaker Daimler (ETR:DAI) (PINK:DDAIY) yesterday for the establishment of a joint venture in Germany to produce and sell carbon fiber reinforced plastics car parts.
Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP or CRP), is a very strong composite material or fiber reinforced plastic.