The possible presence of asbestos in gardens on the Farndale Estate, in Whitmore Reans, first came to light during a probe four years ago into carbon disulphide - a chemical which was used at the factory.
What does CS2 stand for?
CS2 stands for Carbon Disulphide
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CS2
We have 5 other meanings of CS2 in our Acronym Attic
- Commissaryman First Class (Naval Rating)
- Community School #1 (Mission Hills, KS; elementary school)
- Community Server 1 (internet)
- Computer Science 1 (class)
- Concurrent Session 1
- Counter Strike 1 (video game)
- Capability Set 2015 (US Army)
- Counter-Strike 1.6 (game)
- Coli Surface Antigen 17
- Contracting Specialist, 1M (million)
- Commissaryman Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Cost Schedule Control System
- Counter-Strike 2 (video game)
- Creative Suite 2 (Adobe software)
- Crystal Square 2
- Custom SATCOM (Satellite Communications) Solutions (US General Services Administration)
- Contracting Specialist, 25K (thousand)
- Counter-Strike2.hu (gaming)
- California Ships to Reefs
- Classified-Sensitive Level 3
Samples in periodicals archive:
The proposals follow an investigation in autumn 2005, which found traces of carbon disulphide underground in parts of the estate.
It is more than a year since people were told their homes could be contaminated with carbon disulphide from the adjacent former Courtaulds site.
The reduction in carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide is being offset by the production of hydrogen sulphide and carbon disulphide.
Two hundred people living in the Whitmore Reans area of Wolverhampton have had their gardens tested for traces of the hazardous chemical carbon disulphide and 20 have been told their houses may need to be knocked down to clean up the land.
Chemical company Akzo Nobel had begun investigations in the road after discovering carbon disulphide on the former Courtaulds car park, which adjoins the site.