The captain of the port expressed hope that the Fact-Finding Commission on Corruption and Embezzlement will initiate an investigation to prove the ownership of these two yachts, whose docking fees have not been paid by the ousted president's family.
What does COPT stand for?
COPT stands for Captain of the Port (US Coast Guard)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of COPT
We have 13 other meanings of COPT in our Acronym Attic
- Council of Property Search Organisations (UK)
- Current Operations Officer (US Marine Corps)
- Canadian Organization of Professional Secret Shoppers
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan
- Committee of Presidents of Statistical Societies
- Committee on Port Safety and Security (now Community Outreach Promoting Energy; California)
- Community Outreach Promoting Safety and Security (now Community Outreach Promoting Emergency Preparedness, Santa Monica, CA)
- Confederation of Postgraduate Schools of Surgery (UK)
- Council of Presidents of Statistical Societies
- Center on Personnel Studies in Special Education (partnership between the University of Florida and Johns Hopkins University; Gainesville, FL)
- Circum Oval Precipitin Test
- Coin-Operated Pay Telephone
- Completed Procedure Turn
- Corporate Office Properties Trust (Columbia, MD)
- Council on Police Training (Delaware)
- Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations of Central Africa
- City of Plymouth Training and Employment (UK)
- Caucus on Part-Time Employment Concerns
- Consistent Policy Table Update Algorithm
- Cash on Pick-Up
Samples in periodicals archive:
Plunkett, who as captain of the port of Port Arthur is in charge of the cleanup, also said some of the refineries in Beaumont and Port Arthur had reduced production levels due to the halt of crude supply through the waterway.
Safety is everyone's responsibility; from longshoreman to the captain of the port, said Wyrosdick.
They were very unspecific so the captain of the port ordered the harbour closed.
Percival de Araujo Costa, the former captain of the port, had slammed down hard on those attacks, reducing them to zero by the end of last year.