Police hostage negotiators threatened to unleash the canine units as the suspects were not coming out of the house, but the dogs weren't available, CBS affiliate WFSB reported.
What does K-9 stand for?
K-9 stands for Canine Unit (of a police department)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of K-9
- Kits and Outfits
- Kernighan and Ritchie (computer scientists; also used to refer to their book "The C Programming Language")
- Kidnap & Ransom
- Kernighan and Ritchie (C Programming Language, 2nd Edition)
- Kali Und Salz (German retailer)
- Kashif and Shanghai (football tournament)
- Distribution Coefficient
- Kindergarten through 12th Grade (US)
- Kindergarten to Seventh Grade (education)
- Canine (Dog)
- Military Working Dog Program
- Kids to Adults (former ESRB game rating, 6 yrs. and up)
- Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children (cognitive ability test)
- Knife Browning Automatic Rifle
- Kaufman Brief Intelligence Tests
- Kilo Bits Per Second
- The Day on which a Convoy(K) System Is Introduced or is due to be Introduced On
- k-Extended Greedy Algorithm
- K-band Follow-On Satellite
- Kiddie Formal Thought Disorder Rating Scale
Samples in periodicals archive:
A sheriff's canine unit swept the plane and found no other shell casings, McLaughlin said.
Canine units are checking every bus, with no outhers allowed near the buses or the tourists.
The team, which is ready to leave for Japan, will be accompanied by a Canine Unit and Field Hospital, said Chairman National Disaster Management Authority Lt.
These departments responded with canine units, a helicopter and additional personnel to assist in the search for the second suspect.
Oregon State Police troopers were assisted by Lane County Sheriff's Office deputies and a Springfield Police Department canine unit in the search for the men, who were believed to be armed and dangerous.
Considering this attitude, the August 2008 establishment of the Diyala Provincial Canine Unit to help Iraqis target insurgents and detect drug and explosives caches is particularly remarkable.