Causing unbelievably awful haemorrhagic vomiting and diarrhoea, canine parvovirus makes human norovirus seem like a walk in the park.
What does CPV stand for?
CPV stands for Canine Parvovirus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CPV
We have 79 other meanings of CPV in our Acronym Attic
- Centre for Population and Urban Research (Australia)
- Certified Professional in Utilization Review
- Consultoria e Peritagem Unipessoal, Lda (Portugal)
- Central Processing Unit Reset
- Central Pasco United Soccer Association (Florida)
- Communist Party of the United States of America
- Communist Party of United States of India
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (South Africa)
- Communist Party of Uzbekistan
- Campina Grande, Pernambuco, Brazil (airport code)
- Capacity Planning Volume (manufacturing)
- Cape Verde (ISO Country code)
- Centre Parole Vivante (French: Living Word Center; Madagascar)
- Checking for Protocol Violations
- Christlicher Piloten - und Mitfliegerverband e.V (Eutingen, Germany hristian pilots organization)
- Clean Pass Vehicle (New York)
- Club Parachutiste Vendéen (French parachute club)
- Club Penguin Video (gaming)
- Coaching & Playing Volleyball (magazine; Japan)
- Cold Process Verification
Samples in periodicals archive:
The initial vaccination should focus on Canine Distemper virus and Canine Parvovirus.
QI've heard there is some canine parvovirus in my area at the moment and I just wondered if this can be passed on to humans at all?
It becomes more complicated when Tory and her friends contract a rare strain of canine parvovirus, which causes changes within their DNA, and as a consequence, the formation of the Virals.
Prevalence of antibodies against canine distemper virus and canine parvovirus among foxes and wolves from Spain.
Direct evidence of organ involvement was seen as sub-acute massive necrotizing myocarditis by canine parvovirus type-2 infection in a mongrel puppy (31).