The eye, instead, sees the light emitted or reflected off of a surface, measured in candelas per square meter (cd/m2).
What does cd/m2 stand for?
cd/m2 stands for Candelas per Square Meter
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Compact Disc - Write Once
- Compact Disc - Write Once Read Many
- Compact Disc - Read Only Memory Extended Architecture
- Cadre Qualifie
- Channel Decoding with A Priori Knowledge
- Collision Detection/Channel Acquisition - Indication Channel (3GPP)
- Control & Display/Computer & Peripheral Subsystem
- Community of Democracies/Democracy Caucus (UN)
- Candelas per Square Foot
- Candela Per Square Meter (luminance)
- Computer-Aided Design/Numerical Control
- Channel Decoding with No Source A Priori Knowledge
- Conduct Disorder or Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Compact Disk/Read Only Memory
- Candela Per Square Foot (luminance)
- Concept Demonstration/Validation
- Concept Development/Validation Phase
- Countdown United Kingdom (UK TV show)
- Card Channel Ready
- Cluster of Differentiation 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
Currently the OLED display produces a monochrome image with a brightness of 10,000 candelas per square meter and for colour images the brightness is about half that level.
The new module boasts excellent picture quality, ideal for preview monitoring and verification use in broadcast stations and post-production studios, thanks to full high-definition (1920 1080) resolution, high luminance of 460 candelas per square meter (cd/m2), a wide color gamut of 97% (NTSC ratio) and a double frame rate of 120 Hertz to improve motion picture performance.
Major Features - Wide screen with 16:9 aspect ratio - High luminance of 350 candelas per square meters (cd/m2) that provides excellent lighting on the liquid crystal panel and in the backlight system - A touch panel that makes the new TFT-LCD module an excellent choice for use in mobile terminals and which can lead to reduced development costs and shorter lead times for manufacturers of portable devices NEC LCD Technologies will continue to commercialize products with better display technologies and higher functionality, including small LCD modules for portable devices that aim to contribute to a user-friendly networked information society.