Guests BC Wood Design Awards were not only witness to an inspirational evening of innovative wood design, but also the first to hear an announcement made by Michael Giroux, president of the Canadian Wood Council (CWC), regarding the release of the highly-anticipated feasibility study, The Case for Tall Wood Buildings.
What does CWC stand for?
CWC stands for Canadian Wood Council (Conseil Canadien du Bois)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CWC
We have 308 other meanings of CWC in our Acronym Attic
- Calibrating Work Center
- California Walnut Commission
- California Water Commission
- California Welcome Centers
- California Writers Club
- Calvary Worship Center (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Cambridge Water Co. (UK)
- Campus Writing Center (various schools)
- Campus-Wide Committee (various universities)
- Canadian Women In Communications
- Canal Wild Card
- Canandaigua Wine Company (New York)
- Cancer Wellness Center
- Cardigan Welsh Corgi (dogs)
- Caribbean Workers Council
- Carlisle Wesleyan Church (Carlisle, PA)
- Carnegie, Wylie & Company (Australia)
- Carolina Wildlife Care
- Carter-Wegman Counter (data encryption mode)
- Cass Walleye Classic (fishing contest)
Samples in periodicals archive:
a national organization of the Canadian Wood Council that promotes the use of wood in building design, which designated the structure a demonstration project--a first in Ontario.
Building with wood has the smallest impact on the environment before, during and after construction, according to recent findings by the Canadian Wood Council, The Consortium for Research on Renewable Industrial Materials study and the Athena Sustainable Materials Institute.
The Canadian Wood Council wants Ontario wood used in the framing of mid-rise buildings.
Database Two databases on Canadian spruce-pine-fir dimension lumber were considered for this study: the Canadian Wood Council (CWC) Lumber Properties program in-grade data (Barrett and Lau 1994) and a Council of Forest Industries of British Columbia study on acceptance of Canadian in-grade data for Europe (Barrett and Lau 1991, Stieda 1990).
The Canadian Wood Council wants more Ontario wood in the framing of mid-rise buildings.
December 1: Wood Solutions Fair, Minneapolis Hyatt, Minneapolis, MN, sponsored by the American Wood Council, Canadian Wood Council, the Southern Pine Council, and APA--The Engineered Wood Association.