The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) has slammed the Crown corporations, Canada Post, for a lockout of employees, calling it "totally irresponsible" when it suspended mail operations across the country.
What does CUPW stand for?
CUPW stands for Canadian Union of Postal Workers
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of CUPW in our Acronym Attic
- Critical Utilities - Power Supply
- Curtin University Postgraduate Student Association (Australia)
- Center on Urban Poverty and Social Change
- College Unions Poetry Slam Invitational
- China University of Political Science and Law
- Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications (China)
- Council of University Presidents of Thailand
- Canadian Union of Professional and Technical Employees
- International Conference on Computers in Urban Planning and Urban Management
- Citizens United Political Victory Fund (Washington, DC)
- Cigarette Use Questionnaire (psychological test)
- Communauté Urbaine de Québec (French: Quebec Urban Community)
- Canadian University Queer Services Conference
- See You Cutie (chat)
- Cambridge University Radio (University of Cambridge; UK)
- Capacity Utilization Rate (economic measurement)
- Carbon Usage Rate
- Clave Única de Registro (Spanish: Registration fee)
- Commission d'Utilisation Régionale (French: Commission for Regional Use)
- Common User Radio
Samples in periodicals archive:
5) Another letter writer on the subject of "same-sex marriage" was the president of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW), Deborah Bourque.
FREDERICTON -- The Preschool Centre sponsored by the Canadian Union of Postal Workers and the Union of Postal Communication Employees opened.
During a strike of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, for example, six union representatives--four men and two women--agreed to meet to discuss strategy.
The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) voted in late September to go on strike if a contract settlement was not reached.