Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies Press 2012 386 pages $34.
What does CIUS stand for?
CIUS stands for Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CIUS
We have 12 other meanings of CIUS in our Acronym Attic
- Concordia International University Estonia (Tallinn, Estonia)
- Conseil Interuniversitaire de la Communauté Française de Belgique (French: Interuniversity Council of the French Community of Belgium; Brussels, Belgium)
- California ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) Users Group
- Cognos International Users' Group
- Consejo de Investigaciones de la Universidad Nacional de Tucumán (Spanish)
- Cerebral Infarct of Unknown Origin (neurology)
- Clasificación Internacional Uniforme de Ocupaciones (Spanish)
- Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris (French: University of Paris International City; Paris, France)
- Community Infrastructure Upgrading Program (Tanzania; World Bank)
- Crescimento Intra Uterino Retardado (Portuguese: Intrauterine Growth Retardation)
- Canadian Internet Use Survey
- Computer and Internet Use Supplements (US Census Bureau)
- Conseil International des Unions Scientifiques (French: International Council of Scientific Unions; Canada)
- Corps Interim Upgrade System
- Crime in the United States (FBI publication)
- Catholic International Union for Social Service
- Centre Intégré Universitaire en Santé et Services Sociaux (French: University Integrated Center Health and Social Services; Canada)
- Conference Internationale D'Instituts Universitaires de Traducteurs et Interpretes (French: International Permanent Conference of University Institutes of Translators and Interpreters )
- Conférence Internationale Permanente des Instituts Universitaires de Traducteurs et d'Interprètes (French: Standing International Conference of University Institutes of Translators and Interpreters)
- Critical Incident Utility Vehicle (Los Angeles Police Department; Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this ambitious, revisionist, and impressive monograph Serhii Plokhy, of the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies and soon to be of the History Department of Harvard University, attempts to analyze the history of national (ethnocultural) identities among the East Slavs from the tenth century through the 1730s by focusing on elite nation-building projects.
Lysenko's Yellow Boots, her most "Ukrainian" novel, was republished by the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies in 1992.
95 Paperback DK508 In this collection of essays written over a 30 year period, Kohut, director of the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies at the University of Alberta, reflects on factors that have influenced the development of Ukrainian historiography and the creation of modern Ukrainian national identity and political culture.
Edmonton: Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies Press, 2005.
The associate director of the Petro Jacyk Centre at the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, University of Alberta, was educated in Dnipropetrovsk and he has been involved in the project of translating Hrushevsky's magnum opus, the ten-volume History of Ukraine-Rus', to English.
ABSTRACT/RESUME This paper summarizes the author's involvement, as director of the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies (CIUS) at the University of Alberta, in the preparation of the first two volumes of the five-volume Encyclopedia of Ukraine, published between 1984 and 1993 by the University of Toronto Press on behalf of the institute, the Canadian Foundation for Ukrainian Studies, and the Shevchenko Scientific Society (NTSh), based in Sarcelles, France.
Bohdan Klid Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, University of Alberta