Muenchow credits Trudy Wohleben of the Canadian Ice Service for first noticing the fracture.
What does CIS stand for?
CIS stands for Canadian Ice Service (government agency)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CIS
We have 833 other meanings of CIS in our Acronym Attic
- Committee for the Recovery of the Vaquita (UK)
- Centros Integrados de Recuperação, Valorização e Eliminação de Resíduos Perigosos (Portugal)
- Communications Instructions for Reporting Vital Intelligence Sightings
- Communications Instructions for Reporting Vital Intelligence Sightings (US DoD)
- Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (US Department of Homeland Security)
- Cabinet d'Investigations de Strasbourg (French: Office of Investigations in Strasbourg; private investigation agency; Strasbourg, France)
- Cable Inlay System (various companies)
- Calcul Intensif et Simulation (French: Intensive Computing and Simulation)
- Californians for Inclusive Schools
- Canada Investment and Savings (government)
- Canadian Industry Statistics
- Canadian Inspection Service
- Canadian International School
- Canadian Interuniversity Sport
- Cancer Information Service (National Cancer Institute)
- Cancer Information Specialist
- Cancer Information System
- Candidate Information Sheet
- Cape Instrument Services (South Africa)
- Capita Insurance Services (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first broke off sometime around July 22 and the second in the night of July 23 to 24," Luc Desjardins, a senior iceberg forecaster for the Canadian Ice Service, said on Tuesday.