Ten years ago, the federal government ended the Canada Assistance Plan and introduced the Canada Health and Social Transfer which changed the federal role in welfare funding.
What does CHSTS stand for?
CHSTS stands for Canada Health and Social Transfer
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of CHSTS in our Acronym Attic
- Care Home Support Team (medical care; UK)
- Centre for Human Service Technology (University of Southampton; UK)
- Chamorro Standard Time (time zone)
- Construction Health & Safety Technician
- Cow Harbor Sailing Team (est. 1994; New York)
- Czech Heritage Society of Texas (est. 1982)
- Centre for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine (University of Manchester; UK)
- Character String
- Characteristics of Transportation Resources
- Characteristics of Transportation Resources Report (US DoD)
- Community Health Sciences Unit (Malawi)
- Congenital Heart Surgical Unit (Dallas, TX)
- Center for Hazardous Substances in Urban Environments
- Community High School of Vermont
- Children's Home Society of Washington
- College of Health and Social Welfare (University of Alaska Anchorage)
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations (UK)
- Cranston High School West (Cranston, RI)
- Chief Shipwright Artificer (Indian Navy)
- Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1996, however, CAP was replaced with the Canada Health and Social Transfer (CHST), which provided block-funding from the federal government to the provinces for health, social services and post-secondary education, giving provinces increased discretionary power about how to prioritize spending, and removing the requirement that social assistance be provided without strings.
CAP was replaced by the Canada Health and Social Transfer in 1996, leaving provinces with more discretion as to how their welfare system would be managed through use of workfare.