The Cambridge History of China, Volume 9: Part One: The Ch'ing Empire to 1800 (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2002), pp.
What does CHOC stand for?
CHOC stands for Cambridge History of China (Cambridge University Press)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CHOC
We have 7 other meanings of CHOC in our Acronym Attic
- Condominium Home Owners' Association (Canada)
- Cultured Human Ovarian Adenocarcinoma (cancer)
- Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (Dune)
- CSTEA Howard Oxidants and Air Quality Experiment (Center for the Study of Terrestrial and Extraterrestrial Atmospheres)
- Cannon House Office Building
- Children's Hospital of Buffalo (Buffalo, NY)
- Chinese Hamster Ovary B (gene)
- Charterer's Option Both Ends (shipping)
- Carl Henry Online Business Systems (Monte Carlo, Monaco)
- Chief Observer
- Child Health Oversight Committee (Clinical & Translational Science Awards)
- Children's Haematology Oncology Clinics (Pretoria, South Africa)
- Children's Hospital Orange County
- Community Home Ownership Center (est. 1996; Shoreline, WA)
- Community Housing Opportunities Corporation (Davis, CA)
- Consumer Health Organization of Canada (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Channelized Optical Carrier-12
- Center for Human Origin and Cultural Diversity (University of Missouri - St. Louis)
- Church of Christ Denomination
Samples in periodicals archive:
The work of these distinguished Asian studies scholars is drawn from volumes of The Cambridge History of China written in the 1980s; however, Goldman's chapter brings the history up-to-date, thus fulfilling the compilation's aim of inspiring a reconsideration of intellectual history from the perspective of recent events.
The various volumes of the Cambridge History of China, together with the Cambridge History of Ancient China, constitute an impressive landmark in the progress of Sinology and Chinese Studies in the Western world during the immediate past millennium.