Lovecraft's "The Call of Cthulhu," a short story about a monstrous aquatic creature.
What does COC stand for?
COC stands for Call of Cthulhu
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of COC
We have 308 other meanings of COC in our Acronym Attic
- Coalition of Broadway Unions and Guilds
- Collins Birmingham University Language Database
- College of the Bahamas Union of Students (Nassau, Bahamas)
- Challenge Original Brazilian Vale Tudo (martial arts tournament)
- Coalition of Boynton West Residential Associations (Boynton Beach, FL)
- Canadian Outward Bound Wilderness School
- Current Operating Budget Year
- County Board of Zoning Appeals
- Cab Over Camper (pickup truck accessory)
- Calcifying Odontogenic Cyst (oral pathology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Michael presents a double bill of Lovecraft's tales, The Call of Cthulhu and The Temple in Halifax on January 11 at 7.
The analysis of Love-craft focuses largely on his fictional grimoire, the Necronomicon, and its role in "The Dunwich Horror," "Out of the Shadow of Time," and The Strange Case of Charles Dexter Ward, as well as on the cursed inheritance in The Call of Cthulhu.
Thus, in "The Call of Cthulhu," the reappearance of a monster dweller at the bottom of the Pacific produces nightmares and other psychic disturbances, including "New York policemen .
He said: 'I played in my teens - a lot of Dungeons And Dragons,Tunnels And Trolls and The Call Of Cthulhu.
Game players who enjoyed Call Of Cthulhu will relish this detailed roleplaying extension, which adds to the Call Of Cthulhu line.
For example, in "The Call of Cthulhu," Lovecraft writes: The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
But in the game Call of Cthulhu, you have Cthulhu's "strength," "dexterity," and so on, carefully expressed numerically.