This essay grew out of the exhibition A Wild Flight of the Imagination: The Story of the Golden Gate Bridge--commemorating the bridge's 75th anniversary--at the California Historical Society in San Francisco, February 26, 2012 to October 14, 2012, under the creative leadership of CHS Executive Director Anthea Hartig, and curated by Jessica Hough, with Anne Lansdowne Rees, Robert David, Erin Garcia, and Trubec Schock.
What does CHS stand for?
CHS stands for California Historical Society
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CHS
We have 448 other meanings of CHS in our Acronym Attic
- Cabrini High School
- Cactus High School
- Cadillac High School (Michigan)
- Calaveras High School (California)
- Caldwell High School (various cities)
- Caledonia High School (Caledonia, MI, USA)
- Calexico High School (Calexico, CA)
- Calgary Horticultural Society (Canada)
- Calgary Humane Society (Canada)
- California High School (San Ramon, CA)
- California Horticultural Society
- Calumet High School (Calumet, Michigan)
- Cameron High School (West Virginia)
- Campbell High School (Litchfield, NH)
- Campbellsville High School (Kentucky)
- Campus Health Service
- Can't Hit Stuff (polite form)
- Canadian Hearing Society
- Canadian Hemerocallis Society
- Canadian Hemophilia Society (Montreal, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kent Seavey and the Heritage Society of Pacific Grove's Pacific Grove (0738529648) comes from the former curator of the California Historical Society who teaches architectural history at a nearby college: black and white photos document vintage homes, old commercial areas of the city, and local weddings and celebrations.
California Historical Society, Shubert HallLibrary, Photographic Archives, 2099 Pacific Avenue.
Oil on canvas, i61/2 x 91/2 inches CALIFORNIA HISTORICAL SOCIETY, GIFT OF JAMES J.