Dekens also presented research on temperature variations along the California coast during the early Pliocene, providing insight into how climate change may affect the ocean currents that drive regional and global climate patterns, for example the California current which produces California's coastal fog and cold sea temperatures.
What does CCAL stand for?
CCAL stands for California Current
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CCAL
We have 8 other meanings of CCAL in our Acronym Attic
- Culberson County-Allamoore Independent School District (Van Horn, TX)
- Canadian Coronary Atherosclerosis Intervention Trial
- Community College Association for Instruction and Technology (Association for Educational Communications and Technology)
- Call Center Association of Japan (est. 1988)
- Children's Cancer Association of Japan (Tokyo, Japan)
- Chocolate and Cocoa Association of Japan
- Corporación Colectivo de Abogados José Alvear Restrepo (Spanish: José Alvear Restrepo Lawyer’s Collective; Colombia)
- Child Care Association of Johnson County
- Concerned Citizens Against Jet Noise
- Central California Association of Kodály Educators
- Closing Cost Assistance Loan (State of New York Mortgage Agency)
- College of Community Association Lawyers (Community Associations Institute)
- Collier County Animal League (Florida)
- Consumer Consortium on Assisted Living
- Calgary Community Adult Learning Association (Canada)
- Culture Collection of Algal Laboratory (Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic)
- Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County
- Centre for Computer Analysis of Language and Speech (University of Leeds; UK)
- Canada-Chile Agreement on Labour Cooperation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other papers cover fishery management, habitat requirements and stock assessment, including an article on an unexploited species in the California current and a survey of trawler catches.
Ocean currents like the Gulf Stream or the California Current serve as the planet's radiator, evening out the climate by delivering hot water from the Equator to places like the Northeastern U.