CSWA, a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit organization established by Wine Institute and the California Association of Winegrape Growers more than a decade ago, was recognized for increased adoption of sustainable winegrowing practices in the state and for adding several educational tools and improvements.
What does CAWG stand for?
CAWG stands for California Association of Winegrape Growers
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CAWG
We have 38 other meanings of CAWG in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Association of Women Executives and Entrepreneurs
- Citizen Alien-Waived Emergency Medical
- Can-Am Wrestling Federation (Canada)
- Canadian Armwrestling Federation
- Centro Australia Wholesale Fund
- Characterization of Arc Welding Fumes (American Welding Society book)
- Chinese Alliance World Fellowship (est. 2003)
- Community Action Wyre Forest (UK)
- Cackling Aloud with Gusto
- California Association of Wheat Growers
- California Wing (Civil Air Patrol)
- Child Animal Welfare Group (Farnborough, UK)
- Clean Air Working Group
- Communications Architecture Working Group
- Conformity Assessment Working Group (Trilateral)
- Content Accessibility Working Group (Corporation for Public Broadcasting)
- Cost Analysis Working Group
- Contractors Association of Will and Grundy Counties (Joliet, IL)
- Coherent Additive White Gaussian Noise
- Covert All Weather Gun System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Karen Ross, President, California Association of Winegrape Growers (CAWG)
California wine industry calls for end to EU subsidies: A decision by the EU to spend $562 million on Europe's vineyards is seen as "a clear violation of WTO commitments previously undertaken by the EU," according to the California Association of Winegrape Growers (CAWG).
4 billion on the state's economy, growing nearly 40% from 1998 to 2002, and producing the number one finished agricultural product in the state, according to a report released last week by the Wine Institute and California Association of Winegrape Growers in San Francisco.
``Napa already has Pierce's disease, but the vector would rapidly spread,'' said Karen Ross, president of the California Association of Winegrape Growers.
Jointly organized by the American Society for Enology and Viticulture (ASEV) and the California Association of Winegrape Growers (CAWG), the Unified Wine & Grape Symposium represents the collective experience, knowledge and background of the entire industry.
The scale on which California's wine community is adopting and expanding sustainable practices is truly impressive, as the state is the fourth leading wine producer in the world," said California Association of Winegrape Growers (CAWG) Board Chairman Kim Ledbetter Bronson of Vino Farms in Lodi.
The Wine Institute and the California Association of Winegrape Growers said they will publish a code of "sustainable" environmental practices for the region's wine companies who account for more than 90% of U.