Both Type K and Type N thermocouples, when used in their mineral insulated form with stainless steel or Inconel sheaths, can show large calibration drifts above 1000 C due to contamination from the sheaths.
What does CD stand for?
CD stands for Calibration Drift
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CD
We have 293 other meanings of CD in our Acronym Attic
- Commerciele Club Zuid Friesland (Dutch: Commercial Club of South Jersey)
- Capri Club Zuid-Holland (Dutch car club)
- Command and Conquer: Zero Hour (computer game)
- Centre for Coastal Zone Management (University of Aberdeen; UK)
- Coupled Cohesive Zone Model (mechanics)
- Cross Club Zueri Oberland (German)
- Cataract, Congenital Zonular, with Sutural Opacities
- Cable Duct
- Calendar Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system uses Controlotron's award-winning WideBeam transducer technology and includes Zeromatic Path[TM] capability which eliminates the need to stop flow for zero adjustments and prevents any zero calibration drift.
The differences among the PRTs due to calibration drift or to temperature gradients on the wall of the oil chamber are [delta][T.
We investigate trends or shifts that appear on the graph, particularly when a point falls beyond + 3 SD, as they may indicate calibration drift or loss of precision on one or both instruments.