The novel peptide binds to the calcium channel and reduces the number of excitability signals without disrupting the beneficial global calcium flow.
What does CACN stand for?
CACN stands for Calcium Channel
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CACN
We have 4 other meanings of CACN in our Acronym Attic
- Consortium for Academic Continuing Medical Education (Jefferson Medical College; Pennsylvania)
- Comite Africain pour la Coordination des Moyens d'Information (Ghana)
- Computer-Aided Configuration Managed Instruction
- Canadian Association for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Combined Arms Command Management Information System
- Charles A Cannon Memorial Library (Concord, NC)
- Colorado Association for Continuing Medical Laboratory Education (continuing medical education; Denver, CO)
- China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences (Beijing, China)
- Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (est. 1979; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Computer-Aided Configuration Management System
- Canadian Anti-Counterfeiting Network (Canada)
- Canadian Association of Child Neurology Inc.
- Chinese American Culture Night (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Contract Adjustment Change Notice
- Converged Ad-Hoc and Cellular Network
- Cost Account Charge Number
- Conservative Anglican Church of North America
- Calcium Channel, Voltage-Dependent, P/Q Type, Alpha-1A Subunit
- Calcium Channel, Voltage-Dependent, L Type, Alpha-1s Subunit
- Cal Alumni Club of New England
Samples in periodicals archive:
Calcium channel antagonists for the treatment of hypertension were produced in the year 1980.
If you have high blood pressure, chances are your doctor has prescribed either an ACE inhibitor or a calcium channel blocker.
Congenital stationary night blindness, an inherited condition that affects one's ability to see in the dark,AaAa is caused by a mutation in a calcium channel protein that shuttles calcium into and out of cells.
SAN ANTONIO -- Combined treatment with an angiotensin-active drug, a diuretic, and a calcium channel blocker is a good blood pressure-lowering regimen for most patients with diabetes, Dr.
Some channels open when they receive a chemical or environmental signal, such as the recently discovered calcium channel that responds to cold temperatures (SN: 2/16/02, p.