Louis and other cities with a dangerous compound composed of zinc cadmium sulfide and radioactive elements.
What does CdS stand for?
CdS stands for Cadmium Sulfide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CdS
We have 725 other meanings of CdS in our Acronym Attic
- Commander, United States Joint Forces Command (US DoD)
- Commander, United States Special Operations Command (US DoD)
- Commander, United States Strategic Command (US DoD)
- Common Disease-Rare Variant (genetics)
- Compact Disc - ReWritable
- Compact Disc Recordable/Writable (common, but incorrect)
- Chemical Dependency Research Working Group
- Cable Distribution System
- CAD (Computer-Aided Design) Design Software
- Cadence Design Systems (various locations)
- Canadian Depository Securities
- Canal Digitaal Satelliet (Dutch: Canal Digital Satellite)
- Capability Design Specifications
- Cargo Delivery System
- Carol Duvall Show (TV show)
- Carolina Donor Services
- Carroll Depression Scales
- Carrollwood Day School (Tampa, FL)
- Cártel de Sinaloa (Spanish: Sinaloa Cartel; Mexico)
- Casing Drive System (oil drilling; Tesco Corporation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the specific topics are pulse electric fields for electrophoretic deposition of thermal barrier coatings, electrophoretic deposition onto ionic liquid layers, cadmium sulfide and zinc sulfide nanostructures formed by electrophoretic deposition, electrophoretic deposition of phosphors for display and solid state lighting technologies, and characterizing ceramic powder surface by contact angle measurements and infrared spectroscopy.
The actual solid suspension crystal that produces the colour is a mixture of cadmium sulfide (CdS) and cadmium selenate (CdSe), known as cadmium sulfoselenate (CdS/CdSe).
This can be topped with cadmium sulfide, zinc oxide and indium tin oxide to enhance performance.
Cadmolith colors are red and yellow lithopone cadmium sulfides and selenides with good hiding power, good resistance to light and heat, inertness, and insolubility in organic media.
In an uncompressed sensor, electrons responding to the voltage would tend to flow between layers of gold nanocrystals and layers of cadmium sulfide nanocrystals, but sheets of insulating polymers bar the way.
Organic pigments featured include reds, blues, greens, yellows, oranges, violets, white pigments, iron oxides and mixed oxides, blue, black and silver, and cadmium sulfides and lead chromates.