Byline: Beth Barrett Staff Writer Los Angeles city officials have allowed cable television companies to get away with providing consumers poor quality service with out-of-date technology even as they fell years behind in their franchise fee payments, an audit by Controller Laura Chick reported Thursday.
What does CATV stand for?
CATV stands for Cable Television (aka Community Access Television)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of CATV
We have 3 other meanings of CATV in our Acronym Attic
- Convention and Theatre Transport Specialists (Piscataway, NJ)
- Corporate Air Traffic Tool Set
- Customer Account and Trouble Ticket Software
- Cyber Attack Team Training Simulations
- Contrast, Analogy, Theory, Target, Tale (methodology of a discourse)
- Creating Alternative Thinking Through Theatre
- Canadian Association of Teachers of Technical Writing
- Ceramic and Allied Trades Union
- Computer Analysis and Technology Unit
- Council of Atlantic Telecommunications Unions
- Cargo All-Terrain Vehicle
- Category V (Ethernet cabling)
- Community Access Television
- Community Antenna Television
- Canadian Aerospace and Transportation Workers
- Christmas Around the World (Museum of Science and Industry; Chicago, IL; Christmas tree exhibit)
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (est. 1998; various locations)
- Community Associations of The Woodlands (The Woodlands, Texas)
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women - Asia Pacific
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women Australia
Samples in periodicals archive:
AN AD AIRING ON CABLE TELEVISION these days stars burly male executives in drag.
Proven through the work of cable television operators and key partners at an eTV interoperability event held earlier this year at CableLabs(R), the addition of VOD triggering to the national eTV specification means that broadcasters of popular national programming can "embed" a signal in their show that allows viewers to call up an on-demand stream of additional entertainment or advertising content in a standard way supported by the cable operators.
PacketCable-based standards are known internationally as IPCablecom, and this recently approved suite covers such topics as architecture, network call signaling, call management server (CMS) to CMS signaling, quality of service (QoS), support for multimedia and other functions necessary to provide time-critical interactive services over a cable television network using IP.
LAS VEGAS -- Top executives of the nation's largest cable television operating companies and consumer electronics firms today, for the first time, discussed elements of their pending plans for system preparation and early trials of advanced-interactive digital video technologies.