LONDON -- Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani visited the British Cabinet Office Briefing Rooms (COBR) for a firsthand knowledge of the Committee that deals with the UK's emergency response in a national crisis.
What does COBR stand for?
COBR stands for Cabinet Office Briefing Room (British Parliament)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of COBR
We have 1 other meaning of COBR in our Acronym Attic
- Chronic Obstructive BronchoPneumopathy
- Code of Banking Practice (banking standards)
- Code Of Best Practices
- Code of Business Principles (Unilever)
- Country Operations Business Plan (various nations)
- College of Business and Public Administration (University of North Dakota; Grand Forks, ND)
- College of Business and Public Affairs (Texas)
- Chronic Obstructive Broncho-Pulmonary Disease
- College of Business and Professional Studies
- Cum Omnibus Bonis Quiescat (Latin: May He Rest with All Good Souls)
- Certificate of British Registry (shipping; UK)
- Consortium of Bicycle Retailers (UK)
- Continuous Oscillatory Baffled Reactor
- Cabinet Office Briefing Room A (London, UK)
- Center-point Based Regional Access (Cody Systems)
- Central Oregon Battering & Rape Alliance (Oregon)
- Chemical, Ordnance, Biological, & Radiological
- Chemical/Biological Response Aide (Defense Group Inc. software)
- Co-Optimized Booster for Reusable Applications (NASA)
- Coastal Barrier Resources Act of 1982
Samples in periodicals archive:
The visiting delegation was briefed on the UK's preparations for the Olympics on a tour of the UK's Crisis Response Centre, the Cabinet Office Briefing Rooms (COBR).
For more than two weeks we operated our incident suite and provided advice to the Cabinet Office Briefing Room - the UK's crisis response committee - and to John Beddington, the UK government's Chief Scientific Adviser.
Despite its dynamic name, the acronym stands for the less stirring Cabinet Office Briefing Room A.
Despite its dynamic-sounding name, the acronym stands for the less stirring Cabinet Office Briefing Room "A".
Officially entitled the Civil Contingencies Committee, its more familiar name Cobra comes from the room in Downing Street where its meetings take place - Cabinet Office Briefing Room A.
Downing Street said last night there had been four meetings in Cobra - Cabinet Office Briefing Room A - and described use of the room as "routine" But the sessions in Cobra, where issues of war, disease and natural catastrophes are discussed, shows how seriously the problem is being treated.
COBRA - the Cabinet Office Briefing Room - consists of the most senior representatives of the military, defence, security and police agencies.