The human rights experts stressed that such a situation is unacceptable more than three decades after the adoption of the CEDAW Convention, 20 years after the adoption of the Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action by the World Conference on Human Rights in Vienna, and 17 years after the Beijing Platform for Action; three landmark strides in the fight for women's rights.
What does CWGI stand for?
CWGI stands for CEDAW (Convention to Eliminate Discrimination against Women) Working Group Initiative (UN)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CWGI
We have 1 other meaning of CWGI in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Working Group on the Carbon Market (International Emissions Trading Association)
- Center for Women and Gender Education (California)
- Crane Working Group of Eurasia (conservation)
- Cluster Working Group on Early Recovery
- Central Warwickshire Girls Football League (UK)
- Cosmic World Governing and Guiding Body (India; spiritual group)
- California Wine Grape Growers Foundation
- Community Working Group on Health
- Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation
- Canadian Women Golfers Inc. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Christian Writers' Group International, Inc.
- Center for Women's Global Leadership
- Canary Wharf Gay and Lesbian Association (UK)
- Cooling Water Gamma Monitor
- Christian Warrior of God Network (publications)
- Complex White Gaussian Noise (radio signal static)
- Civil Will and Green Party (Mongolia)
- Charles W. Gibson Public Library (Buckhannon, WV)
- Common Working Group Review
- Colorado Water Garden Society (est. 1983)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While elaborating the process of producing the NGOs alternative CEDAW report, they said that Aurat Foundation has been preparing the "shadow report" on CEDAW since 2008 upon the initiation four provincial and a national CEDAW committees were formed.
National Dialogue participant and Bahrain Women's Union president Mariam Al Ruwaie also called for the CEDAW to be fully implemented and all women's rights under Bahrain's constitution to become national law.
CEDAW specifically prohibits gender discrimination and Article 5(a) requires that states "modify social and cultural patterns of conduct with a view to the elimination of prejudices and customary and all other practices which are based on the idea of the inferiority or the superiority of either of the sexes or on stereotyped roles for men and women.
Speaking to the CEDAW delegation, Minister Kavaf said that Turkey had the determination to deal with discrimination against women and to facilitate the equality of women and men.
The CEDAW Report Legal Representative Amal Haddadin said the report, prepared by the National Committee for Women Affairs, highlights accomplishments in the elimination of discrimination against women in educational, health, labor, and social and economic development fields.
Japan ratified the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) in 1985 and was last examined by the CEDAW Committee, which reviews government compliance with CEDAW, on 24 July 2009.