gingivalis attacks the C5 molecule and selectively generates C5a to manipulate white blood cells by undermining the communication between the C5a receptor and TLR2.
What does C5AR stand for?
C5AR stands for C5a Receptor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Channel 5 (United Kingdom)
- Class 5
- Comprehensive Combat and Complex Casualty Care
- Copenhagen Comprehensive Collection Classes for C#
- Creating Connecting and Collaborating through Computing (conference)
- Fifth Generation Corvette (1997 - present; Chevrolet)
- Schedule V Controlled Substance (USA)
- Copper Based Anti-Seize Compound
- 50 Carbon Atoms
- Complement Factor 5a
- Category 5 Copper Cable
- Commander Fifth Fleet
- Fifth Conserved Cysteine to Histidine
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Collaboration, and Intelligence (defense)
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (US Army)
- Command & Control, Computers, Communication, Co-ordination, Intelligence & Information (Swedish)
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Counter-Measures, Intelligence and Inter-Operability
- Community, Consensus, Cooperation, Communication, Cybernetics, Intelligence and Intuition
- Command & Control, Communications, Computers, & Combat Systems Installation Master Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ensuing events--involving the cascade of complement activation, phagocyte stimulation via Fc and C5a receptors, release of cytokines, metalloproteinases, and reactive oxygen species--ultimately result in the erosion of bone surrounding teeth and joints.
Individual chapter topics include the building blocks of the complement system, the classical pathway C1 complex, structure-function relationships in CD59, and cyclic antagonists of human C5a receptors.
Promics' drug PMX-53 acts by blocking the C5a receptor which acts earlier in the immune and inflammatory process than the targets of conventional anti-inflammatory drugs.
Rockville, MD) has patented a human C5a receptor polypeptide and DNA encoding such polypeptide and a procedure for producing such polypeptide by recombinant techniques, as well as methods for utilizing such polypeptide for identifying antagonists and agonists to such polypeptide.