The lane up Castle Hill Side is a byway open to all traffic.
What does BOAT stand for?
BOAT stands for Byway Open to All Traffic (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BOAT
We have 14 other meanings of BOAT in our Acronym Attic
- Based on a True Story (Yo Gotti album)
- Best of All Time
- Bit Off a Tractor (metal detecting)
- Blow Out Another Thousand (boating slang)
- Boat Operator Accredited Training (Lifesaving Society, Canada)
- Break Out Another Thousand (boating slang)
- Bring Over Another Thousand (boating slang)
- Building Officials Association of Texas (Austin, TX)
- Buoyancy Operated Aquatic Transport (Phineas and Ferb; TV show)
- Bust Out Another Thousand (boating)
- Boat Owners Association of the United States
- Boat Alteration
- Based On A True Story (films, TV, etc.)
- Budget Obligation Analysis and Tracking System
- Boat Owners Association of The United States
- Business Objects Australasian User Group (online forum; Business Objects products)
- Baha'i Office for the Advancement of Women (Singapore)
- Bond-Order Alternation Wave
- Babe On Back (of motorcycle)
- Babe On-Board (flight attendant code for good looking passengers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After objections were made an independent inspector appointed by the Government decided that the route was a Byway Open to All Traffic - including motor vehicles and in June last year the route again became available for all traffic.
The council published an order last September to recognise the lane between Cefn Coed Road and Farm Drive as a byway open to all traffic, which was appealed.
Some 823 people signed a petition asking for the lane to be redesignated from a byway open to all traffic to a public footpath or bridleway.
At the moment, if it can be shown that a route was once used by a wheeled vehicle ( even a horse and cart ( it must be classified as a byway open to all traffic, a BOAT.
Any move to restrict access to the path would be difficult though as it is classed as a byway open to all traffic.
Dr Alison Westman moved into her Stocksfield home three years ago, only to be told by Northumberland council chiefs this year that they were looking into the possibility of a Byway Open to All Traffic (BOAT) right next to her house.
Hence the status of the carriageways will be Byway Open to All Traffic (or BOAT).