But bytes are not measured in powers of ten but rather powers of two.
What does B stand for?
B stands for Byte
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of B
- Bucharest (Romanian state capital)
- Butt (welded joint type)
- Butut (1/100 division of the dalasi, the Gambian currency)
- Cross-Over Barrier Pattern (US DoD)
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York City (designates original spot of circulation of a bill)
- Individual (IRB)
- Magnetic Field Density (physics)
- Nova Scotia (Canada Post designation)
- Panamanian Balboa (national currency)
- Reverse Side, Record
- Semipostal (philatelic catalog prefix for non-standard stamps)
- Switzerland Postmark (for letters going to Sardinia)
- Tical (another name for baht, Thai currency)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Second Byte scores big by refurbishing and servicing old computers No one is interested in cheap information.