Bus companies operate in a competitive market and have argued that a reduction in bus grant in Wales will either reduce services or increase fares.
What does BG stand for?
BG stands for Bus Grant
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BG
We have 61 other meanings of BG in our Acronym Attic
- Budget Guidance
- Buffalo Grass
- Buffalo Grove (Chicago, IL suburb)
- Bulgaria (International Auto Identification)
- Bump & Grind
- Bundesgericht (German: Federal Supreme Court; Switzerland)
- Bundesgymnasium (School; Austria, Europe)
- Bunge Ltd. (stock symbol)
- Burial Grounds
- Busch Gardens (amusement park)
- Business Group
- Gas Shrinkage Factor (hydrocarbon physical properties)
- Baltimore Gas & Electric
- Beyond Good & Evil (video game)
- Belton, Grandview & Kansas City Railroad
- Bomb Group (Heavy) (US Army Air Force and US Air Force unit designation)
- Brigadier General (Promotable)
- Battery Ground Short (terminal type)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The transport consortia, representing local authorities in each area, will administer a new combined bus grant from April.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently awarded a $388,519 Clean School Bus grant to the Okemos Public School District in Lansing, MI.
The West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Authority put in a bid to the Government for a rural bus grant after people living between Slaithwaite and Outlane complained about the problems they had getting a bus.
The service is run by Warrington council in conjunction with Dukes Travel,and has been funded by a Rural Bus Grant from the government The route even goes into the Fowley Common Lane and Mee Brow Estates and will run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10amand 6.
The rural bus grant is allocated to councils with responsibility for public transport and may be used to support the provision of new or enhanced local services in rural areas,' said a county council spokesman.
We have used the Rural Bus Grant to provide a wide range of bus services in rural communities which previously had little or no public transport facilities.