fusion program is participation in the international ITER burning plasma experiment, which is based on the tokamak concept.
What does BPX stand for?
BPX stands for Burning Plasma Experiment
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BPX
We have 7 other meanings of BPX in our Acronym Attic
- Bhoruka Public Welfare Trust (India)
- Buffalo Pound Water Treatment Plant (Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Best Practicable Waste Treatment Technology
- Business and Professional Women UK Limited (United Kingdom)
- Business and Professional Women USA
- Battle Plan Execution
- Best Practice eXchange
- Boundary Point of Exit
- British Petroleum Exploration
- Broadband Packet Exchange
- Bus Parcel Express (Canada)
- Business Process eXcellence (Delphi Group event)
- Business Process Execution
- Business Process Expert
- By-Product Exchange
- British Petroleum Exploration Alaska
- Business Process Extension Layers
- Boughton Peterson Yang Anderson (law firm; Hong Kong)
- Biddeford Pool Yacht Club
- Blues Point Yacht Club (McMahons Point, New South Wales, AU)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Freidberg states, in the Preface, "it is my hope that the book will help educate the next generation of fusion researchers, an important goal in view of the international decision to build ITER, the world's first reactor-scale, burning plasma experiment.
The bill states, "If at any time during the negotiations on ITER, the Secretary determines that construction and operation of ITER is unlikely or infeasible, the Secretary shall send to Congress, as part of the budget for the following year, a plan for implementing a domestic burning plasma experiment including costs and schedules for such a plan.
based burning plasma experiment with strong encouragement of international participation.
Tabak (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory) The Burning Plasma Experiment in Magnetic Fusion: What it is and how to do it, by S.
pdf The 170-page report concludes that "a burning plasma experiment is critically needed to advance fusion science," that "undertaking a burning plasma experiment cannot be done on a flat budget," and that "if negotiations proceed successfully, the fusion science program will move ahead with the ITER endeavor.
Configuration Optimization Demonstrate enhanced fundamental understanding of magnetic confinement and improved basis for future burning plasma experiments through research on magnetic confinement configuration optimization.
The additional $10,800,000 includes $4,000,000 for burning plasma experiments, including support for ITER and for the domestic FIRE project, $5,200,000 for fusion technology, and $1,600,000 for advanced design and analysis work.