In 1795, he was the unofficial architect of the new Bureau des Longitudes.
What does BDL stand for?
BDL stands for Bureau des Longitudes (French standardization institution)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BDL
We have 80 other meanings of BDL in our Acronym Attic
- Bi-Directional Link
- Bile Duct Ligation
- Black Diamond Library (Washington)
- Bone Density Loss
- Bord de l'Eau (French publishing company)
- Bourse des Locaux (French: Local Stock Exchange)
- Brigade des Loups (French: Wolf Brigade; airsoft group)
- Bund der Deutschen Landjugend (German: Federation of German Rural Youth)
- Bureau de Liaison (French: Liaison Office)
- Burn Design Lab (Vashon Island, WA)
- Business Development Loan
- Business Domain Layer
- Hartford, CT, USA - Bradley International Airport (Airport Code)
- Bile Duct Ligation and Scission
- Bad Day LA (game)
- Ballarat and District Law Association
- Banque de Données des Levés Aériens (French: Aerial Survey Database; Canada)
- Belly Dance L.A.
- Bibliothèque Départementale de Loire-Atlantique (French library)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mathematicians Richard Montgomery of the University of California, Santa Cruz and Alain Chenciner of the Bureau des Longitudes in Paris describe their new solution of the equations of motion for three gravitationally interacting bodies in a report available at http://orca.
Now, Jacques Laskar of the Bureau des Longitudes in Paris has extended these orbital calculations, using a simplified set of equations, to cover up to 15 billion years.