The annual Bulwer-Lytton Fiction contest rewards mangled metaphors, purple prose and cliches.
What does BLFC stand for?
BLFC stands for Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest (San Jose State University, English Department)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BLFC
We have 1 other meaning of BLFC in our Acronym Attic
- Byggevare Leverandør Foreningen (Denmark)
- Svenska Barnläkarföreningen
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen & Enginemen (railroad union part of United Transportation Union since late 1960s)
- Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp
- Barnsley Ladies Football Club (UK)
- Big Lama Fan Club (online forum)
- Biggest Little Fur Con (convention; Reno, NV)
- Black and Latino Filmmaker's Coalition
- Boroondara Lions Football Club (Australia)
- Brine Line Flow Control (water softeners)
- Bangladesh Leasing and Finance Companies Association
- Black Lake Fire Department (Olympia, WA)
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen
- Bandeirantes Landfill Gas to Energy (Brazil)
- Burgess Leclerc Financial Group Inc (Ontario, Canada)
- Bayou Land Families Helping Families (Louisiana)
- Building Limes Forum Ireland
- Bela Lugosi Fan Klub
- Business Link for London (UK)
- Bread of Life Frontier Missions
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest challenges entrants to compose the opening sentence to the worst of all possible novels.
Jessup, who works for a Pasadena advertising agency, was selected a runner-up in the annual Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest, placing second in the science fiction category with his parody of a space yarn.
``It's good to be recognized in badness by the experts,'' she said Monday after learning she was this year's winner of the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest.