The project is being offered by the Ministry on a build-own-operate basis for 20 to 25 years, with the government planning to buy power from the successful bidder, and sell it at subsidised rates to Iraqi consumers.
What does BOO stand for?
BOO stands for Build-Own-Operate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BOO
We have 24 other meanings of BOO in our Acronym Attic
- Bladder Outlet Obstruction
- Blizzard of Ozz (Ozz Osbourne album)
- Blood of Olympus (fiction)
- Board of Officers (various organizations)
- Bodo, Norway - Bodo (Airport Code)
- Born of Osiris (band)
- Brake On/Off switch
- Brandeis Orthodox Organization
- Brewers Of Ontario (Canada)
- Build-Operate-Own (Project)
- Business Office Online (marketing system)
- Business Operations Office
- Blue October Open Book (band website)
- Bolt Out of the Blue
- Bunch of Outrageous Breast Cancer Survivors
- Bank of Overseas Chinese (Taiwan)
- Beijing Olympic Organizing Committee
- Big Open Online Course (Indiana University)
- Book Organizations of Colorado (est. 2001)
- British Oceanic Oil Company (online hoax)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The contract, for a period of 10 years, will be operated on a build-own-operate basis, and covers the construction of a 10,000 cubic meter/day reverse osmosis plant, pumping station and a 10,000 cubic meter steel holding tank to provide water in KAEC.
The Egyptian government recently signed contracts to construct two build-own-operate (BOT) airports in Ras Sidr and Al-Alamein, writes Mounir Abboud.