Rarities: While there were no stand-out rare birds in North Wales in 2011, many enjoyed the purple heron at Dwyran in March, RSPB Conwy's citrine wagtail in May and buff-breasted sandpiper there in September.
What does BBSA stand for?
BBSA stands for Buff-Breasted Sandpiper (bird species)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BBSA
We have 1 other meaning of BBSA in our Acronym Attic
- Bridgman Baseball and Softball Association
- British Baseball and Softball Association (UK)
- British Blind and Shutters Association (Staffordshire, UK)
- British Blind Sport Athletics (UK)
- British Bob Skeleton Association (UK)
- Broad Bay Sailing Association (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Broadband Service Assurance
- Brookfield Baseball and Softball Association (Brookfield, CT)
- Broomfield Blast Soccer Association (Broomfield, CO)
- Bruin Belles Service Association (Los Angeles, CA)
- Building Board of Standard & Appeals
- Bulletin Board System Awareness
- Burke Bay Sailing Association
- Burlington Baseball/Softball Association (Burlington, MA)
- Burlington Basketball Skills Academy
- burned body surface area
- Bylaws of the Boy Scouts of America
- n-Butyl Benzene Sulfonamide
- Barbados Blackbelly Sheep Association International
- Babiker Badri Scientific Association for Women's Studies (Falls Church, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mr Dempsey added: "we've had the biggest recording of Sabine Gulls seen in Ireland and the biggest recording of Buff-breasted Sandpipers in Ireland.
There were 32 Buff-breasted sandpipers seen, with up to eight spotted at Tacumshin in Co Wexford, and five at Carrahane Strand, Co Kerry.
THREE buff-breasted sandpipers - from the remote prairies of Canada - have strayed off course on their journey south and arrived on the Scilly Isles.