Key words: avian polyoma virus, antibodies, blocking enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, avian, Spix's macaw, Cyanopsitta spixii Introduction Avian polyomavirus (APV) was first described as the causative agent of budgerigar fledgling disease, an acute fatal disease of budgerigars (Melopsittacus undulatus) that causes up to 100% mortality in neonates and was subsequently designated as budgerigar fledgling disease virus (BFDV).
What does BFD stand for?
BFD stands for Budgerigar Fledgling Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BFD
We have 107 other meanings of BFD in our Acronym Attic
- Brake Force Display (BMW)
- Brasstown Fire Department (Brasstown, NC)
- Breakfast for Dinner
- Bred for Disaster (video group)
- Brew Free or Die (homebrew club; New Hampshire)
- Bridge Forward Delay
- Brockport Fire Department (Monroe County, NY)
- Bruce F. Dyer (BFD Productions, Inc.
- Brute Force Detection (computer network security)
- Buckskin Fire Department (Parker, AZ, USA)
- Budget Formulation Directive
- Buffalo Fire Department
- Buglisi-Foreman Dance (New York, NY)
- Bureau of Food and Drug (Philippines)
- Burger Fries Drink (fast-food)
- Burnaby Fire Department
- Business Function Decomposition
- Buyer Furnished Data
- Conker's Bad Fur Day (video game)
- Black Fashion Designers Association (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The APV-specific PCR products were sequenced, and a nucleotide sequence homology of 99% to the psittacine APV strain budgerigar fledgling disease virus-1 was determined by using a BLAST search of the GenBank database.
Budgerigar fledgling disease is an acute viral infectious disease caused by avian polyomavirus (APV).